Every person has the human right to the environment and the interrelated duty of care and respect for nature, as a universal common asset.
The sustainability of the Earth’s ecosystem is a primary duty of all human beings and institutions.
States are responsible for removing the causes of climate change, according to the principles of prevention, precaution and solidarity.
States should guarantee the full implementation of the human right to information, participation and access to justice.
Human Rights and Duties
- Dichiarazione dei Diritti e dei Doveri
- L’albero dei diritti e dei doveri umani
- Inflazione e coerenza dei diritti umani
Human Right to the Environment
- Diritti Umani e Ambiente
- 2006, L’effettività del Diritto all’ambiente in Italia, The Effectiveness of Environmental Law in Italy, Pavia, 9 November 2006
- 2000, Giurisidizione e controllo per l’effettività del diritto umano all’ambiente, (Jurisdiction and control for enhancing the effectiveness of the human Right to the environment, 3rd Environment Day, Supreme Court of Cassation.